Wednesday, March 15, 2006

65daysofstatic - Stumble.Stop.Repeat


In celebration of Serial Slingshot posting 65daysofstatic's One Time for All Time, I will inturn post their EP Stumble.Stop.Repeat. This band is one of the greatest instrumental bands out their. I would even go as far as putting them in the same rank as Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, and Godspeed...

Where this release really breaks through is the unbelievable combination of conventional instruments and electronic sounds. They fit together as good as, say, peanut butter and jelly. It is a massive shame that these guy have no received the attention they deserve. Like I said before, they are on the same level as the other widely popular instrumental bands, so why shouldn't they receive the hype?

Pure, raw energy

6 Comments:

Blogger Giselle said...

Great EP. Have you heard The Fall of Math LP? It's also extraordinary.

-Giselle, Serial Slingshot

6:24 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

No, I haven't heard that one. I have the one I posted, "Retreat, Retreat EP", and "One for all Time".

6:57 PM  
Blogger Giselle said...

Definitely check it out if you get a chance... The song "Aren't We All Running?" alone makes it a worthy listen. It's my favorite 65dos song out of everything they've done.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Henry said...

I can upload fall of the math should you wish Josh. It's worth checking out for sure. I missed them play a few weeks back, i was gutted!

5:50 PM  
Blogger debaser said...

You got this from Warehouse Groove you hack.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, I've had this album for quite some time.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home