Saturday, March 18, 2006

Dredg - Leitmotif


This is my favorite album by my favorite band that has ever existed. The debut release from Dredg is an absolute masterpiece, especially the instrumentals. This was released six or so years ago, so the frontman's vocals aren't what they are now, but this album is stilla fucking gem. This is one of the few cds that I could listen to the entire thing on repeat over and over. Most of the songs run together in a Dark Side of the Moon'ish way, so it's tough to figure out when one ends and the next begins. Dredg's first two cds were very concept heavy, so this is not your MTV or radio tpye music. I could not stress downloading (then running directly to the store to buy) this cd if you have heard it. The musical skill contained in it is probably a hundred-fold better than 99% of the albums in stores today.

Penguins in the desert

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

I got this album used when it first came out for 3 bucks after listening in my local indie record shop. This album is highly underappreciated. I'm happy to see it (and Dredg) getting more recognition on the internet of late.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Henry said...

Dredg are highly under rated i agree. Thanks for posting this album i can't get it over here in the UK very easily. =(

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home