Monday, April 10, 2006

Andrew Bird - Andrew Bird & The Mysterious Production Of Eggs


I've been listening to this album pretty much non-stop since friday, and I must say, I am thoroughly impressed with it. The way Andrew Bird brings together so many different types of music and musical instrument to make one coherent sounds is amazing. Plus, his vocals are much more than adequate. It's hard to believe this guy was one of the members of the Squirrel Nut Zippers (remember that weird trend?). This album gets my highest recommendation of being a must-buy. It is great, great, great.

There will be snacks!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew Bird is an incredible talent and this is his masterpiece to date.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the link. Never heard from Andrew Bird before but this is a fantatic piece of music

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Sam Stone said...

I love Andrew Bird after seeing and hearing him once on Dutch television. He deserves a big audience and millions of sold records!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to listen to one of his albums!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew Bird´s Bowl of Fire
http://rapidshare.de/files/16185414/grandeur.zip.html reminds me of the Squirrel Nut Zippers, may you can post something of the Squirrel Nut Zippers?

4:26 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

If I can get my hands on one of their albums, I'll post it.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous krishna said...

have you given any thought to uploading these albums as torrents instead of using rapidshare or wherever? a public site like thepiratebay might make for much speedier downloads (although you as the initial seed would have to keep your computer online and sharing the file - maybe that isn't possible?)

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was my favorite album of last year. if you like it, make sure you go see him live, you've probably never seen anything like it.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Krishna:

I can't use torrents since I'm behind an .edu firewall with no way of forwarding ports. This way, people who can't use torrents can still get ahold of the album.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for this! where do i click a google link to help>????

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home