Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I


Have you ever had one of those bands that you have heard about forever, but never got around to listening to them? That's how I have always treated Dismemberment Plan. I've heard enough testimony regarding their awesomeness and read several rave reviews, but I didn't get ahold of this cd until a few days ago. I feel like a damn fool for missing out on them for so many years now.

I don't even know how to explain this band. It seems like they can switch musical directions anytime they feel necessary and not suffer from the transition at all. In fact, they seem to benefit from the "all over the place" style they have. In my opinion, the highlight of this cd is "You Are Invited", where the singer drones over the clicks and beeps of an electronic beat about a mythical invitation that can get him into any event, anywhere. This track barely uses their amazing instrumental skills, but is amazing just because of how unique it is.

If you're like me and are late on listening to this band, I would recommend this cd whole-heartedly.

A life of possibilities.....

2 Comments:

Blogger csmooth24 said...

you're welcome? haha

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I definitely grabbed that from your site a little while ago.

Thank you!

Hugs and kisses ;)

Josh

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home