Saturday, April 15, 2006

Spoon - A Series of Sneaks


I've been very into Spoon for almost a year (in fact, they're one of my favorite bands), but I didn't get ahold of this beauty until yesterday. I traded in a few old cd's and got this and Pavement's Brighten the Corners. I haven't listened to the latter yet, but the former is magnificent. I figured it wouldn't be as good since it is a bit older, but I was dead wrong. The complexity found on the newer albums is replaced by just straight-forward badass rock. I've been listening to nothing but this album since it came into to my possession, and I still don't have a favorite yet. This isn't because none of the songs are stand-out; in fact, quite the opposite is true. There are so many gems that I am having a hard time determining which one I like best. The only down-side to this cd is that some of the songs ver very short.

Spoon - The Guestlist + The Execution

Spoon - 30 Gallon Tank

Spoon - Metal Detektor

Go here and buy this cd, and everything else they have for sale. They are such a great band.

p.s.: Does anyone know any good file hosting sites that will allow you guys and gals to directly download the songs? Megaupload was good for cd's, but it seems kinda silly to use for single songs. It would be much easier if clicking the links would download the songs immediately for you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoon + Pavement = too much love to handle. And I agree-- Spoon is one of the most consistent rock bands today, and it amazes me how they are constantly reinventing themselves while still sounding like Spoon. I love Brighten the Corners too. A lot of Pavement fans aren't keen on it, saying it was too poppy, but I still think there were no bad Pavement records, ever.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Good call on the Spoon rarities. If you're looking for a better file hosting service that links directly, I suggest checking out http://www.ezarchive.com. They charge you 6 bucks for 100 MB a year, which isn't that bad. But it's less annoying than, say Rapidshare or Megaupload.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

If I got that, would I be able to post a link that would automatically open the mp3, witout the downloader going first to the site to click another link?

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think savefile is a good one to host multiple files with...no wait times from my understanding too.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home